- About Us
- Press Room
- Higher Ed
- Our Advocacy Agenda
Higher Education Research and Policy Analyst
The Education Trust, named one of the three most effective education organizations on Capitol Hill, seeks a Research and Policy Analyst to support the work of the Higher Education team.
Reporting to the Director of Higher Education Research and Data Analytics, the Research and Policy Analyst will serve as a member of the higher education team, which is focused on improving access, affordability, and success of low-income students and students of color in postsecondary institutions. The Education Trust advances this mission by establishing deep partnerships with leading researchers and practitioners in the field, conducting innovative and provocative research and data analyses, publishing reports, and engaging in public advocacy.
The Research and Policy Analyst’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Mine data, using the Education Trust’s College Results Online web tool and other sources, to identify institutions that are successfully enrolling and graduating underserved populations, or making fast or significant progress. Write profiles on these institutions’ promising policies and practices.
- Support the organization’s efforts to leverage data and research to inform practice, including assisting with the development of tools and processes to aid postsecondary improvement efforts, in collaboration with higher education practice staff and partner organizations.
- Support the organization’s efforts to leverage research and data in analyzing and developing policy proposals on key higher education issues, in collaboration with higher education policy staff.
- Analyze national datasets to identify barriers to access and success of low-income and underrepresented minority students in higher education, and generate written reports.
- Conduct literature reviews and policy scans to identify the most effective and strategically advantageous policies and practices for improving access and outcomes in higher education. Provide written summaries of findings.
- Package research and data for lay audiences for Education Trust presentations and reports—and in response to rapid response inquiries from staff, policymakers, the media, and the public.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- A mix of strong analytical, research, writing, and communication skills, with an emphasis on quantitative analysis and interpretation, and the ability to present quantitative data to lay audiences;
- A basic understanding of current policy issues and trends in higher education;
- Experience using Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; SAS or SPSS experience a plus;
- A master’s degree in education, public policy, statistics, or related field;
- Experience in higher education policy or research and with national education datasets (e.g. IPEDS, NPSAS, BPS, etc.);
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, highly collaborative environment; and
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures.
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color, and an unwavering belief that these students could be much more successful if institutions better served them;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with the higher education community;
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work independently;
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence;
- Healthy respect for colleagues;
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented;
- Strong sense of honor and integrity; and
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. You must combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file. To begin the application process, click this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=10255861
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.