- About Us
- Press Room
- Higher Ed
- Our Advocacy Agenda
Human Resources and Operations Coordinator
The Education Trust, named one of the three most effective education organizations on Capitol Hill, seeks a Human Resources Coordinator to support the division of Operations and Strategic Leadership. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources and Office Administration, the coordinator will play a key role in supporting benefits administration, recruiting efforts, and the day-to-day human resources and operational needs of the organization. The successful candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and support tasks, have experience with benefits management, and be a critical thinker with impeccable follow-through skills. A proactive problem solver, this person must be exceedingly well organized and able to interact with both staff and external contacts (at all levels and sometimes under pressure), and must be flexible, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
The coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage benefits administration, including processing benefit enrollments/changes, serving as a point-person on benefits related matters to both staff and vendors, and reconciling vendor invoices;
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring process for the organization, including advertising open positions, managing and organizing incoming applications, communicating and responding to applicant inquiries, scheduling candidate interviews and related travel arrangements if necessary, following up with candidates, processing close-out communications, and drafting offer letters;
- Coordinate the year-round internship program, including assessing the organizational need for interns, drafting position descriptions, advertising position descriptions, assisting hiring managers during the hiring process, drafting offer letters, coordinating programming for our interns, and onboarding interns;
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding process for new hires and exiting staff, including new hire orientation and training;
- Maintain up-to-date personnel folders, including filing documents and updating information in online database and various documents and spreadsheets;
- Assist with special HR projects such as seasonal open enrollment, performance evaluations, annual salary adjustments, and processing FMLA leaves;
- Compose internal and external correspondence independently, including drafting letters, email, and other correspondence;
- Coordinate with our satellite offices in California and Michigan on HR and operational related matters to ensure proper on-boarding, off-boarding, benefit management, and alignment with organizational procedures and policies;
- Conduct research as needed to facilitate effective decision-making on a variety of HR matters, including staying abreast of changes in HR laws;
- Maintain and update the organization’s website as it relates to HR matters; and
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting day-to-day operations of the organization, such as assisting with routine IT set-up requests from staff and serving as a liaison with building management.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
- Two to three years of experience in a human resources support role;
- An understanding of how the different parts of HR are integrated within HR and with finance and payroll, and the ability to proactively anticipate how one change may result in consequential changes;
- A self-starter with a high degree of energy and meticulous attention to detail and follow-through to ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks;
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop professional relationships with staff in order to maintain ongoing informal communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Superb organizational and time-management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and familiarity with database applications (experience with ADP is a plus);
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively and multitask, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, be a pro-active, critical thinker in order to anticipate issues and opportunities, and make appropriate judgment calls; and
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color;
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence;
- Healthy respect for colleagues;
- Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented;
- Strong sense of honor and integrity; and
- A warm, personal style with a good sense of humor.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Education Trust offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Provide a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. Please combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload that document. Our application system will not allow you to upload more than one file. To begin the application process, please click here.
The Education Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.