- About Us
- Press Room
- Higher Ed
- Our Advocacy Agenda
For Parents and Communities
Putting Parents at the Forefront of School Reform
Parents and local communities have a big stake in ensuring that all students are educated to high standards. Schools must provide appropriate support so that students can meet rigorous academic standards.
The Education Trust works with parents and community-based organizations to achieve the goal of educating all students to the highest levels. Meeting the goal requires all of us to be better informed about what our schools are doing—and what they are not doing. Use this site to inform yourself, and let others know about our useful information on school reform as well.
Here are some useful guides parents may download. To order free printed copies of selected documents, as supply permits, contact Robin Harris Smiles at email@example.com.
- "A Guide for Hispanic Parents: How to Help Your Child Prepare for College and a Career."
- "A Guide for African-American Parents: How to Help Your Child Prepare for College and a Career."
- "A Guide to Homework for Parents Who Want to Help Their Children Succeed." En Espanol: "Guia para Tareas Para Padres que Quieren Ayudar a que sus Hijos Tengan Exito."
Other useful resources for parents:
- Questions parents can ask about academic standards.
- Useful Web sites and articles for parents interested in school reform.